Xelas Energy has implemented the IEC 60870-5-104 to IEC 61850 Gateway product.
The Gateway is a seamless addition to the Xelas Energy 61850 Product family.
The Gateway acts as a 60870-5-104 controlled station and maintains seamless connectivity to an IEC-61850 IED.
IEC 60870-5-104 is a telecontrol protocol in electrical engineering and power system automation applications, based on TCP/IP, in use by many SCADA (Supervisory ControlAnd Data Acquisition) systems.
In case where a SCADA system or the underlying infrastructure can not be updated to support a full IEC61850 interface to the equipment, a IEC 60870-5-104 to IEC61850 gateway is necessary.
IEC 60870-5-104 Gateway Architecture and Highlights
The figure on the left shows the 60870-5-104 Gateway architecture:
- The Gateway uses Common Data Classes (CDC) definition within the IEC61850 SCL file for mapping. CDCs are defined in IEC 61850-7-3
- Controlling direction supports mapping of the following IEC61850 ACSI operations: ASSOCIATE, RELEASE, SETDATAVALUES
- Monitoring direction supports mapping of the following IEC61850 ACSI operations: GETDATAVALUES, REPORT
Some of the Solution advantages:
- Configuration by editing SCL files. No programming necessary
- Dual mode: Supports regular IEC61850 operations via separate interface, as well as 60870-5-104 gateway conversion mode.
- Seamless integration with Xelas Energy IEC 61850 Product line
The IEC 60870-5-104 Gateway is available on the following platforms:
To request an evaluation package or get more information about the IEC 61850 products with IEC 60870-5-104 protocol information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org